HISTORY OF IIMS
International Institute of Management Sciences, familiarly known as IIMS, an autonomous B-school was established in the year 1979. IIMS is the first institute in India to receive AICTE approval in the year 1991 to conduct PGDBA in distance learning mode.
Based on the vast & rich experience gained during these years, IIMS has established a new campus at Uluberia Howrah for conducting MBA in full time mode approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) in the year 2004. IIMS is also affiliated to Vidyasagar University (a State University) and Pondicherry University (a Central University) for conducting PG and UG courses in distance learning mode. In the year 2011 IIMS made a novel and unique advance through an international venture with Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS) St. Helens, New Zealand for overseas MBA and undergraduate programmes in Cross Credit mode. IIMS believes in creativity and excellence. IIMS has a track record of success, earning tributes from AICTE for its innovative and pragmatic approach to Management Education and Learning. IIMS cordially welcomes eminent personalities to international conferences across the globe intending to enrich multi-dimensional research activities.
· Basic education with Indian heritage
· Technological environment education & management.
· Academic spread with internal discipline.
· Quality of thoughts and actions.
· Management & Business education.
· Hospitality & Entertainment management.
· Event management.
Missions of IIMS:
· Close interface with industry, society, government, academic, students, parents & faculties for developing a common interest & continuous improvement in the quality of education, learning & functioning of the Institute.
· Development of MIS for ready availability of data for common understanding, acceptance, monitoring, action and co-ordination.
· Undertake research project-regional as well as global including sociometric studies leading to insight into human behaviour, social, cultural relationship and also in such other fields as economic, business & industry.
· The principal objective of IIMS is directed towards equipping its alumni with excellence so that they may prove themselves worthy of the responsibility entrusted to.