Welcome To 5th IIMS International Conference
It is my pleasure and pride for having an opportunity to welcome you to the fifth IIMS International conference in this historical and cultural city Xuzhou, China.
The background of this conference is embraced with the glorious participation of Xuzhou Institute of Technology, China; AIS, Auckland, New Zealand; Faculty of Business Management, Universiti Teknologi, Mara, Shah Alam, Malaysia; Cavite State University, Cavite, Philippines and International Institute of Management Sciences, Kolkata, an eminent Institute for Management Education in Eastern India. We are very much enthused and elated for arranging such a prestigious conference with scholarly delegates in a place having natural beauty with lake and mountain along with the historic relics of Han dynasty.
This fifth IIMS International Conference is designed on the basis of the outcome and through observation of the themes and deliberation of the previous conferences held at India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and giving exposure for the progressive academicians, promising researchers and professionals in different fields to transact the new incentives to meet global standards .The conference is a basic platform for delegates to share their views, opinion and creative research work.
While we turn to the theme of this conference “Managing Development in Emerging Economy”, we shall look forward to advantage of China’s demographic dividend. A Nation is known by its quality Human Resource which plays a significant role towards country’s growth and development. Science, Technology along with skilled human resource are the key factors of China’s growth and development. HR skill is governed by the Training System in China. The training system in China has a successful history which is globally accepted and recognized. It is now a role model for many Asian Countries for their sustainable development.
I extend my heartfelt thanks to all the honored guests and delegates and sincerely hope that all of us will enjoy culture, cuisine and the hospitality of Chinese.
Sandip Kar Ph.D., D.Litt.(Mgmt)
President, Conference Organizing Committee
Chairman, International Institute of Management Sciences.
1. International Institute of Management Sciences, Kolkata, India: International Institute of Management Sciences (IIMS) pioneered the Management Education in the private sector in India since 1979. The Institute is the first in the country to receive AICTE, Govt. of India approval in the year 1991 for offering PGDBA (equivalent to MBA) in DL mode. In the year 2000 IIMS took a formidable stride by upgrading the PGDBA course to MBA degree under Visva-Bharti University. IIMS commenced Full-time MBA Programme with approval of AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and affiliation from West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) in the year 2010.
As part of our constant endeavor in providing education of highest standard, IIMS venture out to add an International education programme in collaboration with Auckland Institute of Studies , one of the prestigious management institutes in New Zealand.
2. Xuzhou Institute of Technology, Xuzhou, China: Xuzhou Institute of Technology is situated in Xuzhou, a national historical and cultural city and the center of Huaihai Economic Zone. It enjoys pleasant climate with neither scorching hot in summer, nor bitter cold in winter. The urban area covers 200 square kilometers with a population of 9 million. There are 10 universities in the city. Xuzhou is at the junction of Beijing-Shanghai Railway and Longhai Railway, serving as a vital transportation hub in China. It is only one hour away from Nanjing, two hours away from Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao, Jinan, and Zhengzhou by the trains departing from the city. There are flights to Seoul, South Korea every week.
Xuzhou Institute of Technology has more than 50 years history. It is one of the full-time regular undergraduate colleges and universities. It covers an area of 1990.5mu. The University consists of 14 schools and one School of Adult Education, having 46 undergraduate majors. Currently it has a total enrollment of 20,338 full-time students. The University now has 1269 full-time teachers, including 360 professors and associate- professors. It now has 2 national level specialty majors, 2 national outstanding engineers educational programs majors, 2 national professional comprehensive reform pilot projects and 3 national engineering practice education centers. The majors in our university include International Trade, Economics, E-commerce, Finance & Tax, Economic Laws, Food Science and Engineering, Biotechnology Engineering, Security of Food Quality, Mechanical Design and Automation, Industrial Design, Material-molding and Control Engineering, Digit-control Technique, Mechatronic Engineering, High-polymer Material and Engineering, Computer Science & Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Information& Computing Science, Applied Physics, Electronic Science and Technology, Computer Science and Technology, Electronic Information Science and Technology, Electronic Engineering and Automatics, Ecology, Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Polymer Material and Engineering, Business Management, Chinese Language and Literature, Advertisement Science, Accounting Computerization, Building Cost of Projects, Engineering Management, Civil Engineering, Gardens, Water Supply and Sewerage Engineering, Architectural Engineering Technology, Construction Project Management, Art Design, Clothing Design and Engineering, Animatronics, Musicology, Primary School Education, Chinese Education, Education Technology, Elementary Education, Digital Media, English , Korean, Financial Management, Marketing, Accounting, Information Management& Information Systems, Logistic Engineering, Tourism Management etc.
The college advance the internationalization strategy deeply. In recent years, we have established a stable cooperative relationship with 15 institutes from 11 countries, such as United States, France, Russia etc. We hold 10 cooperation projects in running school, training 1470 students, sending 100 students to learn abroad every year as well. We also promote “Middle-aged Backbone Teachers Overseas Training Project”, and there are 384 teachers and managerial staff were dispatched to colleges to training, visit and study for degree in some countries such as United Sates, United Kingdom, South Korea, French etc. At the same time, the international students work, Sino-foreign cooperation in scientific research and international promotion of Chinese continuously made new achievements. The college listed as the one of the universities accepting Jiangsu Province “Jasmine Scholarship” and has admitted over 40 international students whose from South Korea, United Kingdom and Comorin and so on. It employs 30 foreign teachers every year, and 3 of them are awarded “The Jiangsu Province May 1Labour Medal”.
3. Auckland Institute of Studies, Auckland, New Zealand: AIS, a independent tertiary institution with a distinctive international focus. Since its inception, this developing institute has attracted students and staff from countries around the world and has now forged a number of close relationships with leading educational institutions internationally.
Its undergraduate and postgraduate students experience expert personalized education where the learning of each student is guided by qualified and committed staff who are helping students achieve success in every aspect.
We have created learning pathways and support strategies to cater for the different skills and abilities of individual students, maximizing their opportunities to achieve their goals.
It ensures a friendly, nurturing environmental balances & supports for the rigorous & demanding academic curriculum. We try to ensure that the quality of our programmes is maintained at the highest international standards
4. Universiti Teknologi, Mara: UiTM is Malaysia’s largest institution of higher learning in terms of size and population. It has experienced phenomenal growth since its inception in 1956 and it is still growing. The University is committed to helping bumiputera students achieve the highest scholarly level and to prepare them for careers in public and professional practice in various fields. Its formation is based on a vision of outstanding scholarship and academic excellence that is capable of providing leadership in various arenas as well as to enhance the knowledge and expertise of Bumiputeras in all fields of study through professional programmes, research work and community service based on moral values and professional ethics. Although still a fledgling compared to other more established universities in the country, UiTM has earned a reputation as being one of Malaysia’s innovative and entrepreneurial universities, as it has formed linkages with numerous and diverse industrial sectors. Hence, its relationships with the industries have enriched its research and innovation as well as its entrepreneurial culture.
Today, UiTM draws strength from the initiatives of its founding fathers, exploring and mastering various frontiers of knowledge as it works towards reaching greater heights and celebrating more accomplishments at home and abroad. The ultimate is to put UiTM on the world map.
5. Cavite State University, Philippines: The initial journey of present Cavite State University was from an intermediate school in 1906, in the hands of American teachers. Through various changes in 1964 it was converted into a State College & ultimately in 1998 it was born as Cavite State University & at present it has 11 campuses over 70 hectares of land.
CvSU is mandated “to provide excellent, equitable and relevant educational opportunities in the arts, sciences and technology through quality instruction, and responsive research and development activities. It shall produce professional, skilled and morally upright individuals for global competitiveness.”
The University is offering close to 100 curricular programs in the undergraduate and graduate levels. It has more than 25,000 students and 1,200 faculty and staff from all campuses. The University is also authorized to certify and confer appropriate academic degrees in accordance with the Expanded Tertiary Education and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP). It has also been accredited by TESDA.